Share your bear story in this bear story contest for a chance to have your story read at an International Conference!
Save up all of your bear related questions because the winner of the contest will be having dinner with bear experts from around the world and will have her or his story read at the International Bear Association Conference in Anchorage on June 16, 2016.
We are especially interested in stories where you have learned something. Think of some of the main bear safety messages:
- If you see a bear, Don’t Run! (you could make them think you are prey)
- Don’t Feed the bears (trash, garbage, bird seed, or food)
- Avoid being near bear foods (bears follow their stomachs)
- Make Noise (so bears can hear you and stay away from you)
- Travel in a group (safety in numbers)
- Carry a bear deterrent (and learn how to use it)
Don't forget to enter by May 31.
Thank you for sharing your bear story with us. We look forward to reading it. Please note that by sharing your story, you agree that your story may be included in future Bear Aware publications and messages for educational purposes in our Alaska communities without further consent.